S5/S7 OPC Server
Fast and comfortable data access
The S7/S5-OPC-Server provides the process data of Siemens PLCs via the standardised OPC interface. Therefore, every standard-compliant OPC-Client can read and write values from such a PLC.
Perfect fields of application
For a fast and comfortable data connection between a PC and the PLC.
Varied areas of application
The S7/S5-OPC-Server enables the coupling of a process visualisation to Siemens PLCs.
As the S7/S5-OPC-Server also supports OPC-XML-DA, non-Windows-based applications can use the S7/S5-OPC-Server, as well.
Convincing and varied
The S7/S5-OPC-Server handles the communication both to the current PLC families of the S7-200, S7-1200, S7-300, S7-400, S7-1500 and LOGO! 0BA7/0BA8 series as well as to the still widely spread S5 PLCs. For the communication with the PLC, a variety of communication channels is possible (cp. chart »Supported communication channels« on page »Technical Details«). For the data exchange neither a projected connection nor a modification of the PLC program is necessary.
The S7/S5-OPC-Server has an integrated web-server fort he diagnostics of the OPC-Server. Thus, smaller web-based visualisations are feasible, too.
Furthermore, the S7/S5-OPC-Server supports the use of symbolic names from S7 projects. With the possibility to import these names, without the need for the S7 project to run it.
- Supports S7-200, S7-300, S7-400, S7-1500 and S5 PLCs
- Communication via MPI, PROFIBUS, PPI, TCP/IP
- Supporting all OPC-Client-compliant software, e.g. iFix, WinCC and InTouch
- Supporting the use of symbols from S7 projects
- Supporting the use of symbols from Inat OPC servers
- Safety due to continuous connection monitoring
- Web based diagnostics and mini visualisation with integrated web server
- Installed in less than a minute
You have the choice
The software S7/S5-OPC-Server can be supplied as a single licence with USB dongle or with software authorisation system. We recommend to use the licence with USB dongle, if technically possible.